“Love the life you live and live the life you love“-Rod Stewart
Rod Stewart: A classic come back
We chose Rod Stewart’s version of Van Morrison‘s “Have I told you lately that I love you” as our wedding song. Since we started listening to Rod Stewart as a tween, he remains a timeless classic to us. He has spent four decades being a rock star, three being a parent, and has a new album’s worth of rollicking stories to tell. Time is his first album of new material in almost 20 years and his hairstyle hasn’t changed one bit! Some of the highlights of the album are:
- “She Makes me Happy” ranked as our favorite track with its upbeat and fun lyrics
- “Beautiful Morning” and “the Finest woman” got us up dancing like the Rod songs of old such as “Young Turks”. “Young Turks” brings back cherished moments of our high school Civinettes Club leadership weekend where we used it for a skit
- “It’s Over:” is a beautiful ballad that is sure to be a tear jerker over its divorce theme
- “Time”: the namesake of the album fits the return of the super star
- “Pure love”: features an incredible piano introduction with the promise of a sweet long distance love
- “Live the Life” reminded us of the introduction of “Da Ya Think I’m Sexy” which came out during junior high. We loved the inspiring message of the song to enjoy life because the years go by so fast
- Loyal Rod Stewart fans will love this album since it reminds them of precious memories of growing up
- Along with the release of Time, Stewart is set to embark on the European leg of his Live the Life tour on June 1st, while American dates with Steve Winwood will kick off October 17th.
“Can’t stop me now. The world is waiting. It is my turn to stand out in the crowd”
Suzanna Keith participated in this campaign for One2One Network. She received a free copy of the CD to facilitate this review. By posting, she is eligible for incentives. All opinions stated are hers.